Software Development Team Manager
Software Development Team Manager
Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Development Team Manager to be based in Chennai, India.
Software Development Manager - Chennai
Due to the continued level of growth at AMCS, we have an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Software Development Manager with experience of managing a large geographically dispersed team to deliver a high quality, feature rich, enterprise level SaaS solution.
This position will be based out of Chennai, India and will manage a team of up to 50 Software Developers. Fluency in English and the ability to travel to our HQ in Ireland on a regular basis throughout the year are essential.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven ability of delivering large enterprise level SaaS solutions, have demonstrated a strong technical competence and will influence architecture, design and development of top-quality feature rich applications. They will be metric driven, have a process- oriented development philosophy, a deep understanding of software quality management, with a proven ability and interest in managing a development team to deliver a world class SaaS experience to AMCS customers.
As a Development Manager you will lead multiple teams of talented software engineers and work closely with Product Managers, Architects and DevOps to continuously deliver value to our customers.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the people, processes and metrics required to deliver a high-quality SaaS application to a demanding marketplace.
- Partner with Product Management to ensure your teams have clear tactical and strategic backlogs.
- Balance competing priorities to ensure effective delivery of new features while resolving defects and managing technical debt.
- Recruit, develop, and motivate multiple high performing teams of engineers in various locations.
- Use data to objectively measure impact and optimize engineering processes.
- Meet deadlines, coordinate with technical team members to deliver quality results within a project’s deadlines.
- Bachelors of Science degree – in relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience managing software development projects.
- Previous experience working with companies in North America or EMEA would be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on leadership of complex software development project delivery initiatives using industry standard toolsets.
- Proven track record in managing teams and the development of complex software involving global dependencies and international stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, balancing the requirements of the customer with a defined product release schedule using the resources available.
- Experience in software quality and test automation processes and systems
- Experience in the management of agile software development and a metric driven approach to software quality and release management
- Experience in continuous integration processes, continuous deployment methodologies and SaaS business strategies
- Familiarity with DevOps processes and strategies
- Fluent English